This standard was created to apply to any company, regardless of its size or nature.
ISO 45001, Occupational Safety and Management Systems – Requirements and Guidance for Use, is an ISO standard for occupational safety and management systems. It has been widely adopted and recognized worldwide. This standard replaces OHSAS 18001 (2007).
To present a case to support the proposed project, a “Justification Study”, which was done before an ISO committee standardization of management system development, was prepared. These are user needs that were identified about ISO 45001’s development.
The user demands that the requirements of management system standards be aligned better or allow for “integration”. This resulted in the creation of a “High-Level Structure” which is often referred to as “Annex SL”, which contains a common clause sequence, text, and terms that are used to define its management system standards. This “High-Level structure” was used during the development of ISO 45001.
The “Justification Study” revealed that ISO 45001 would be required to:
- It should be applicable and generic to all types of organizations and all sectors, and be able to accommodate different geographical, cultural, and social conditions that could be applied to a wide range of organizations, with varying degrees of maturity of their OH&SMS
- Identify the key components of an OH&SMS
- Organizations can demonstrate compliance with the requirements
- Allows organizations to assess, control and manage their OH&S risks. This will allow them to improve their OH&S performance.
- Alignment with other management standards (in particular ISO 14001 environmental management systems
What does it mean to be certified to iso 45001?
ISO 45001 Certification can be displayed in a way that demonstrates your commitment to creating a work environment where there is no risk to employees, customers, or the community.
Benefits From Implementing Iso 45001 Code Certification
- Enhances risk assessment and hazard identification
- It reduces downtime and overall costs associated with incidents at work.
- Internationally recognized TUV SUD certification mark
- Increases participation and leadership from workers
Benefits From Accessing Iso 45001 Certification For Your Management System:
- This helps to build trust and brand credibility by assuring that your management system is compliant with the international standard
- It also proves that your management system is compliant with the international standard.
- It validates your organization’s capabilities and offers assurance that profit-making partnerships will be proposed.
How Will The Certification Affect Your Company?
With the help of a structured guide, ISO 45001 certification can benefit your company. This will increase your organization’s efficiency. Running ISO audits is designed to identify non-compliances and improve them. This will ultimately lead to improved performance and productivity for your company.
How Will It Effect Productivity?
The implementation of ISO 45001 can lead to fewer workplace illnesses and injuries. It is possible to take a proactive approach in hazard identification, risk assessment, and mitigation which will result in improved safety and organizational health. By obtaining ISO 45001 certification, companies can show that they have taken all necessary steps to protect their workers. Effective systems allow employees to perform more efficiently and in a set time.